Tuesday, June 9, 2009

And so it begins!

So here's my blog that I'll keep while I'm gone so everyone can keep up with what's happening if interested.

So day one, I'm scheduled to leave Pittsburgh at 2:50 on Saturday. I get to the airport in plenty of time only to see that my flight has been delayed. Ok no big deal I can still make my connection in Washington. Then it gets delayed again. So now I'm going to miss my connection in Washington. So I go up to the counter and proceed to wait in line for almost an hour to try and get my plane rescheduled.
I finally do, only now I have to go all the way back home and fly out again in the morning. Kind of irritating but whatever. So I get there Sunday morning and find out from the ticket lady that the woman from yesterday has booked me on the wrong flight and I'll be getting in at a different time. So all in all that was a pretty annoying first part of this little adventure.
So I get to Chicago with only 15 minutes to spare before my plane starts boarding. I hop on and prepare for my 8 hour trip. It's really not that bad, they have movies for you to watch and I had books and such. The whole flight was fine and uneventful until the very end when all of a sudden there is a loud bang in the cabin and all of this air starts rushing in. Now of course I automatically think the worst and assume we're going to be sucked out of the plane and fall to our impending doom. But it's just a broken valve and it's all fixed in a matter of minutes. But it was terrifying none the less. So I arrived in Frankfurt Germany a little shaken up from the trip, and still missing my parents a lot. I just kind of sit in the airport listening to music for about 2 hours until I finally am composed enough to go venture. I head up to a little cafe in the airport and get a grilled cheese and a beer. And then the most amazing thing happened, the brought it out and it had a little packet of Heinz ketchup with it. I never knew that ketchup would be so comforting. It almost brought me to tears to see something so familiar. Silly I know, but still it was nice.
The flight to Hyderabad was pretty uneventful, long, boring, but uneventful.
When I arrived in Hyderabad it was almost midnight and by the time I got my baggage and got back to the university it was 2 in the morning. So I just passed out for the night and woke up in the morning for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment