Monday, June 15, 2009

Just a few more pictures. There are still more but this website is being silly so I'm gonna do more tomorrow





More fort




This little boy was really cute. He kept trying to sell us this balloon for 100 rupees.



Some more fort




And some more





Golconda fort!



more fort




My new favorite thing. Thali. it's just bread and rice with a bunch of different stuff to dip the bread in. And they just keep bringing you more. So good.



This man is my hero. It reminded me so much of Up



Just more of Charminar





And some more





Proof that I'm actually here!! haha





More traffic. I wish I could put into words what the traffic is like here. It's ridiculous.




A temple across the street from charminar.




If this picture had sound to it, it would be. "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep"





The top level at Charminar.




Looking down from the top. Scary



There are arches like this everywhere




Looking up.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Amy!!! Just happened to be on when you posted this! Hope you are doing well! Miss you!

    Love,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy
    sounds like you are having a wonderful adventure. Makes me hungry for Indian food, we may have to run out and get some, Florence is very excited about this idea (not!!!) Not seeing any cows in your pictures, I was expecting to see roaming cows.
    From your loving aunts Patty, Florence and Edwina(who was able to find her lost glasses, whew!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amy,
    This is a very entertaining blog! Your running commentary is a lot of fun and the pictures are really impressive. I only hope that if I'm ever in the same situation I can find the same deep connection that you were able to find in a packet of ketchup. But seriously, I really get a sense of how your day to day experience there is unfolding and it's very interesting. I'm not surprised you like the food because I've been hooked on our local Indian restaurants vegetarian menu for a long time. I'm going to ask them if they can make me some Thali because it looks good. I notice that some of the street signs are in English. How are you getting by without knowing the language? Is English very common among the street vendors? Learn any good Indian words? Keep up the good Blogging!

    Uncle Bill

    ReplyDelete
  4. well I'm glad everyone enjoys my blog so much! A lot of the signs and ads here are in english but not a lot of people speak it fluently. The vendors know enough to try and sell you stuff but that's about it. I've been doing ok communicating with people. I think that a lot of the people (especially the people on campus) know more english than they are letting on. The people here are very hesitant of us and what we're doing here so they tend to shy away from talking to us (unless of course it's to ask us for a picture!)
    The only Indian word I've learned so far is cello (said like the instrument) and that means come in, or let's go or something in that area. Other than that I'm still pretty lost. They offer a Hindi class here but it's more of an advanced hindi class not so much a "learn a few phrases to get you through your 2 months here" kind of class. So I decided not to take it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PICTURE OF YOUR BIKE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha it's coming! geez! the internet is so slow here it takes like 20 minutes just to put 5 pics on here. I'll do more later today! haha

    ReplyDelete